Sunday, July 28, 2024

sci fi mood board

here is my personal cinematic science fiction canon 


when i think about the future it is rendered in the images given to me by these 10 movies:

  1. The Thing (best movie ever, i have nothing to say about it other than it is the best argument for why nihilism is actually cool and kind of truthful)
  2. Alien (really good) + Aliens
  3. The Ring
  4. Videodrome
  5. Scanners
  6. Terminator + Terminator 2
  7. Escape from New York + LA
  8. Total Recall (best movie ever # 2)
  9. Robocop + Robocop 2
  10. Stalker (to be honest I have a hard time paying attention the whole time to this one, but i love the philosophical angle and the aesthetics of this one. Need to rewatch. Still haven't seen Solaris.)

2 comments:

  1. This list goes hard. I'm curious though about how The Ring fits in here—it seems not like the others.

    Also have you seen Johnny Mnemonic? It's flawed for sure but as a spiritual successor to Total Recall+Escape from New York (with sweet '90s cyberpunk schlock) it totally rocks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually re-watched Johnny Mneumonic a few nights ago. Good movie.

      I like the Ring (not really a sci fi movie, now that I think about it) because it deals with technology being this spooky force of evil or at least mysterious psychic power. Similar to videodrome in the way it turns TV/video tapes into haunted objects. I guess that's why it's on the list.

      Delete